General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What this privacy notices covers:
Selby Livestock Auction Market (SLAM)is committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ mean SLAM. This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
Who we are:
SLAM is a private limited company affiliated to The Livestock Auctioneers Association (“LAA”) and is wholly owned by Marshalvane Ltd. (the holding company). SLAM is the data controller under data protection legislation and all contact details are shown at the end of this notice.
As a limited company, we act in our administration through our secretary and, as relevant, other officers.
The Managing Director is the Data Controller.
Information we gather:
We collect your information in the form of your name and contact details and store it on our central membership database.
Your information is collected from:
application and request forms by post;
email, post, fax and mail correspondence with SLAM;
contact via phone;
in-person contacts with members and affiliates;
information we receive from external third parties, where relevant.
We will use your information to:
- maintain relevant contact, including, but not limited to: sending you information about events including sales and our AGM;
- maintain the accuracy of your information and communicate with you for any other reasons related to your membership as a shareholder;
- maintain the member directory;
- share with other regulatory authorities or any party when sharing of information is required by law.
What is the legal basis of processing your data?
The legal basis of processing your data is ‘contract’ as defined by Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulations where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party.
Who will have access to the information:
We share your information with our professional advisers, such as our accountants, and data processors who may need to access your information for performing the purposes specified above. We may very occasionally outsource some of the services set out above to reputable third parties, including for the purpose of ensuring the security of your data. We have data protection compliant agreements in place with all such service providers, so they would only use your information according to our instructions.
We take reasonable organisational and technical measures to protect your informationagainst unauthorised access, modification or misuse. We use services provided reputable security providers and your information is accessed by employees, agents and third party partners on a needs-only basis.
Selby Livestock Auction Mart Ltd. & Marshalvane Ltd.
How long will we keep your information:
In the absence of any legal requirements, your personal data will be retained for as long as necessary for the purpose of processing listed above. This means your data will be deleted if you withdraw consent to processing or the data is no longer required or inaccurate. If you decide to cancel your membership or if your membership is lapsed/withdrawn, we will hold your information for a period which is deemed reasonable.
How to keep us updated with any changes to your information:
Please remember to keep us updated on the personal data we hold on you if it is inaccurate or incomplete. All requests to update your personal data must be sent in writing to SLAM and any third parties will be informed, where possible.
Failing to keep us updated with your personal data and contact details may lead to late or non-payment of monies owed to you.
You have the right to:
- To keep us updated about the data which we hold about you.
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please submit your request in writing to contact details shown at the end of this notice. We will respond within one month of receipt of your written request and confirmed ID. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected.If you would like to update the details we hold about you, please contact us on the details set out at the end of this notice.
- Request that we delete your personal data so that it is erased from our records.
- Object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Object to automated processing, including profiling.
Enquiries and Complaints:
Please contact us if you have any enquiries arising from this privacy notice. Where possible, please raise all enquires in writing.
If you are unhappy with our work or something that we have done or failed to do, please inform us in writing. We will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint as soon as reasonably practicable.
All complaints should be sent to: Hon Secretary, SLAM, The Auction Mart, Bawtry Road, Selby YO8 8NB
Tel: 01757 703347 E-MAIL: email@example.com
You may also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are concerned with how we are handling your personal information. Their contact details are shown below:
Information Commissioner’s Office,
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire,SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 Website: www.ico.gov.uk
Review of SLAM Privacy Notice:
This Notice was last reviewed on 26 April 2018. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us.